You can now print and transfer gold or silver or hologram foils using our latest Film-free Metallic Waterslide Decal Paper.
The steps can be slightly complicated for beginners but anyone can improve with practice.
FILMFREE METALLIC WATERSLIDE DECAL PAPER
Mugs, Water bottles, Souvenir plates, Plastic models, Tiles, Interior design, Egg art, Fishing rod, Art class, Computer class, Ceramic sampling, Construction model planning.
FILM-FREE METALLIC WATERSLIDE DECAL PAPER (GOLD)
* Decal paper(blue) + Metallic film(gold)+Coating paper(white)
FILM-FREE METALLIC WATERSLIDE DECAL PAPER (SILVER)
* Decal paper(blue) + Metallic film(silver)+Coating paper(white)
FILM-FREE METALLIC WATERSLIDE DECAL PAPER (WHITE)
* Decal paper(blue) + Metallic film(hologram pt)+Coating paper(white)
- Ceramic, Glass, Polished Metal, Plastic..
- Use with Glue W1+
- Requirement : Laminating machine.
Use laser printer only
- Use printers with a manual feed slot.
- Avoid laser printers that use solid ink. These include some models of Fuji Xerox and Canon.
- Large format plotters and Samsung printers tend to be less compatible.
- Under printer setting, set media type as "label paper" or "heavy glossy paper".
There is no transfer film at the end as it is removed after the transfer.
How to use
Step 1 PRINT
* Edit the size and shape of the image.
* Print the image as it is (Not a mirror image)
* Print on the glossy side.
- Paper properties : Label paper (175g or above)
- Paper loading : Manual( Multi-Purpose tray)
- Colour options : Print in black and white
Step 2 LAMINATE (1)
* Place the metallic film on top of the printout with the grey side of the film facing down.
* Glue the top of edge of the film so that the film doesn't move inside the machine.
* Feed the overlapping papers through the pre-heated laminating machine.
- Laminating temperature : 85℃(185℉), Speed : Lowest possible.
- We recommend a laminating machine with 6 rollers that can also control temperature and speed.
- Please contact us if you don't have the right laminating machine.
Step 3 REMOVE THE FILM
* Carefully separate the film from the decal.
Step 4 LAMINATE(2)
* Cut out the image accordingly.
Step 5 REMOVE THE PAPER(BLUE)
Step 6 CUT
Step 7 SOAK IN WATER
Step 9 REMOVE THE BACKING PAPER
Step 10 CLEAN
Step 11 DRY
Step 12 FILM FREE
Step 13 HEAT
Washability and other factors
- Either use plain water or a soft sponge to wash.
- Leaving the image in hot water for too long could weaken the ink.
- Do not wash with flammable thinner, rubbing alcohol or acetone, which could dissolve the ink.
- Store in dry, cool condition, free of moisture. Keep the papers in a reclosable plastic bag.
- The papers will last up to 1-2 years if kept enclosed in a plastic bag.
- The quality of the printout might compromise after a month from printing.
- Do not try to scratch right after transfer.
- The ink will seal and become more durable with time.
- To remove the image, use a cotton bud dabbed with rubbing alcohol.
- You might achieve less adhesion on some plastic types.
- To achieve the best durability, we recommend baking again after removing the film.
- Please note that glass products could break with a drastic rise of temperature.
Printing issues related to static electricity
- If static electricity occurs, the ink might not engage the paper properly and smudge.
- To prevent this, lay the paper one by one in a humidified space.
- Dry weather conditions generate static electricity, so humidifiers will help fix the problem.